Its month end too
The US the stock market is opening with relatively modest and similar gains across the major indices. Remember, it is month end today (the stock market will be closed on Monday for Memorial Day). That could lead to flow data and increased volatility. A snapshot of the market currently shows:
- S&P index up 12.18 points or 0.29% at 4212.81
- NASDAQ index is up 56 points or 0.42% at 13793
- Dow is up 116 points or 0.34% at 34583
For the month, the Dow and S&P are higher. They are up for the fourth straight month. The NASDAQ is still down:
- S&P index, +0.74%
- Dow +2.04%
- Nasdaq, -1.11%
In other markets as US stock trading gets underway:
- Spot gold is trading up to dollars and $0.90 or 0.15% at $1899.25.
- Spot silver is down nine cents or -0.32% at $27.75.
- WTI crude oil futures are up $0.31 or 0.46% at $67.15. The high price reached $67.52. The low price is at $66.74
- Bitcoin is down $1500 or -3.89% at $36985
In the US debt market, yields have moved lower with the 10 down -1.1 basis points: