NASDAQ index and S&P closes lower.
The US stock indices are closed for the week. The NASDAQ index was the weakest of the majors today. The Dow industrial average closed higher. The S&P was marginally lower:
- NASDAQ index posts first weekly gain in five weeks
- NASDAQ post the fourth negative session in five
- Dow, S&P closed lower for the second straight week
- Dow is of for the second consecutive day after three days of the declines to start the week
- The Russell 2000 of small-cap stocks also rose today
The final numbers are showing:
- S&P index -3.13 points or -0.08% at 4156.00. The low for the day reached 4151.72. The high extended to 4188.72
- NASDAQ index fell -64.75 points or -0.48% at 13470.99. The low for the day reached 13463.27. The high extended to 13616.58.
- Dow rose 123.69 points or 0.36% at 34207.84. The low for the day reached 34121.91. The high was up a 34415.48
For the week, the the Dow was the biggest loser -0.51%. The NASDAQ gained at 0.31%. Below are the % changes of some of the major indices around the globe. Canada’s S&P/TSX index was the biggest gain or at 0.91%. The Dow was the biggest decliner for the week.