Weekly forex futures positioning data for the CFTC for the week ending Tuesday, March 16, 2021
- EUR long 90K vs 102K long last week. Longs trimmed by 12K
- GBP long 29K vs 34K long last week. Longs trimmed by 5K
- JPY short 39K vs 7K long last week. Traders swing position from long to short with 46K change in position.
- CHF long 5K vs 14K long last week. Longs trimmed by 9K
- AUD long 8K vs 8K long last week. Unchanged
- NZD long 6K vs 17K long last week. Longs trimmed by 11 K
- CAD long 10K vs 11K long last week. Longs trimmed by 1K
- Last week’s report
- JPY position swings from long to short with a net change of 46K. The short is the largest position since March 3, 2020 (and the first short since that week too). The short position in the JPY is the only net dollar long.
- All dollar short positioned were trimmed as traders start to exit shorts in the greenback .
- The EUR long was trimmed by 12K and the NZD long was trimmed by 11K. Although the EUR long is still large at 90K, it is the lowest long position since June 2020.
Touch / Click anywhere to close